M/s ECON Pollution Control Consultants was established in 1985 to provide professional services in the field of Environmental Engineering to public utilities and private Clients. Over the years, we have emerged to be a well-recognized name in the field of technical environmental consultancy. We are a team of Civil and Environment Engineers.
Mr. Nayan Khambati has completed his Bachelors in Civil Engineering from University of Baroda in 1976 & Masters in Civil Engineering from University of Mumbai in 1978. He is the working in this field since 1980 and is a partner in the firm since its conceptualization.
His areas of specialization include :-
- Project Management & design of large water supply, storm water drainage and sewerage projects
- Procurement through FIDIC Conditions for large contracts including earthen embankments, mass concrete, deep foundations, tunnelling with TBM, etc.
- Setting up laboratory facilities for testing air, water, noise, vibrations
- Slum sanitation and water assessment implementation (including liaison with local NGOs; CBOs etc).
- Conducting public awareness and participation programmes for large infrastructure projects.
- Environmental training for Employer’s staff, NGOs etc.
- Preparing community environmental management plans for resettlement sites.
- Process and hydraulic design for small, medium and large water, sewage and industrial waste treatment plants.
- Dispute Review Boards / Adjudication/Arbitration on large civil, electrical-mechanical contracts
- Co-ordination of commissioning, operation and maintenance of public health systems for all sizes of water, sewage and industrial waste treatment plants for private and public sector.
Life Member of:
- Indian Water Works Association, Member, International Committee
- Indian Concrete Institute
- Institute of Engineers, India(Fellow, Panel of Arbitrators)
- American Institute of Concrete, Maharashtra Chapter
- Indian Association of Environmental Health
- External Examiner and Guest Lecturer at TISS, Indore University, University of Mumbai, MS University Baroda.
- Attended short-term course at NICMAR – Computerised Project Management.
- Won “Best Lecture Award” from Indian Water Works Association for the year 2003-2004 (Mumbai Centre) for “Mumbai Outfalls”
Mr. Hemant Thakker has completed his Bachelors in Civil Engineering from University of Mysore in 1984 & Masters in Environmental Engineering from University of Mumbai in 1986.He has been working in this field since then & has been a partner in this firm since 1992.
His areas of specialization include:-
- Design and Detailed Engineering of small and large waste water treatment works.
- Project management for infrastructural works, industrial wastewater treatment and sewage treatment works.
- Design and Detailed Engineering of infrastructural works for large complexes.
- Sewerage conveyance and pumping stations.
- Storm water drains and rain water harvesting.
- Water supply treatment and distribution.
- Design of roads for large townships.
- Conducting public awareness and participation program for environmental projects.
- Preparation of Community Environment Management Plan for Resettlement of Project Affected Households.
- Training for commissioning, operating and maintenance for small, medium and large Industrial effluent and Sewage Treatment Plants.
- Conducting Audits for Environmental status of infrastructural works for R & R Site.
- Due Diligence Audits for industries.
Life Member of:
- Indian Association of Environmental Management
- Indian Environmental Association
- Panel of specialist consultants for rain water harvesting for the Vasai-Virar municipal corporation
- Has taught operation & maintenance for Sem-II M.tech Environmental Engineering at VJTI in 2012